Though traditionally used in manufacturing environments, set-up and changeover reductions are valuable tools that can be used in different settings to decrease overall costs and "bottlenecks".
Set-up or "change-over" is the time required from the completion of the last until the start of the next procedure. This could include room set-ups, getting supplies or materials, getting paperwork or changing over machinery, etc. The point of Changeover Reduction is to improve utilization, increase capacity and increase volume.
Benefits of Rapid Changeover include:
- Reduction of inventory & supplies
- Dramatic reduction in flow time
- Elimination of waste and non value-added operations
- Improvement of capacity and volume
- Increase in flexibility
- Improved cash flow through reduction of inventory, waste, and rapid transfer of information
- Increase in competitiveness
- Increase in customer satisfaction
- Increase in employee satisfaction
Contact us via email or